Ghana Team Journal


Monday, June 2, 2008

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

by Tam
The dreaded Monday has finally arrived. Colin and Eric are heading up the Volta River on their ferry ride while we all get back to work. The four of us, Kim, Amy, Chris and I, headed off to Senchi Ferry at 8:45 in the morning and started our day at the clinic. We headed straight into the exam room and looked at patients for the next three hours. At 12:15, we decided to head back to the guest house for lunch, but Madame Grace asked for our assistance and we stayed at the clinic for a few hours longer. We were even given four pineapples for our hard work!

After finishing lunch, Maryal, Kim, Jen, Caitlin and Richard left for the Akosombo Hydro-Electric Dam while Amy, Namrita, Tara, Jaylee, and Ida left for the Akosombo market. Chris and Cris were fast asleep when I left with Monica to get a shirt made for my younger brother by a local seamstress.

I then took the trow-trow, a local transportation service, to find stamps to send mail to my friend back at home. Then I walked to the bridge and took pictures of the river and two cool Ghanians who knew my name! It was fun! I then walked down the street to browse through the various stores along the way to the guest house.

On my way, I passed by a fabric shop and bought even more yards of great fabric! After purchasing the fabric, and giving up on my search for stamps, I went home on the trow-trow. I ended the afternoon by lying on the couch and reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

As dinnertime came, everyone returned from their excursions and we all ate another delicious meal together! We all separated after dinner, some going to watch a movie, read a book, while others, like me, have to write a journal entry.

“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get”

0 comments: