Ghana Team Journal


Sunday, January 25, 2009


I have fallen in love with Ghana! I am with a remarkable group of Americans who continue to respond to the call for volunteers around the world, despite and economic downturn. We're in Senchi Ferry, a remote inland village, building a library and teaching conversational English. The remarkable children are open and loving and welcome us in the classroom each morning with shouts of joy, hugs and kisses. I am astonished by their brightness as they speak both TWI (their local language) as well as English. They are so eager to learn that I feel blessed to be here to work with them as we challenge their gifted and eager minds.

My life is forever changed by this phenomenal experience. THANK YOU, Global Volunteers for offering me this "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity. To be here, sitting side-by-side with black Africans as we watch President Obama take over leadership of the United States is a gift beyond imagination. How far we as a global community have come! I will be back here again some day. I must come back!
-Kathleen Ismail, grateful and frequent Global Volunteer

1 comments:

William Ansong said...

Kathy,
Good job done! I was impressed about you group. I'm back in the States and hope to see you one day.
William