Ghana Team Journal


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quote of the Day:

I have only one request.

I do not ask for money.

Although I have need of it,

I do not ask for meat…

I have only one request,

All I ask is

That you remove

The roadblock

From my path.

- Okot P’Bitek - “Song of an African Woman”

Journal by: Grace Glick

It’s day 3 and the rhythm of our days has been established. Mornings for work projects. Afternoons are library time.

Margaret was again assisting at the clinic, many of us were at the schools, and Steve, K, Jeff, and George continued constructing the library for the Akrade school.

For lunch we had the pleasure of a Ghanaian meal- rice balls with spicy groundnut soup and chicken. Delicious.

At the Senchi Ferry library, we were welcomed by a smaller group but some eager returnees were there seeking their particular reading friends-Linda greeted me with,“ Let’s finish Curious George today!”

The strolls to and from sites provide us with many opportunities to practice our Twee greetings and as we demonstrate some mastery, the people in the community try new variations to help us learn more.


0 comments: