Ghana Team Journal


Team Journal, November 12

Friday, November 12, 2010

Team Journal ~ New Akrade, Ghana

Friday, November 12, 2010

Colleen and Kinjil came back to the Jr High today to play BINGO with the 8th graders. Early in the day, a woman came by selling cloth. Christian’s wife is a seamstress. I loved some green fabric. So, Joseph and I walked to Mavis’s shop where she measured me for a skirt. Well, when I got back Colleen and Kinjil wanted one! So, we made several trips to the seamstress.

The three of us showed the teachers the Electric Slide. Also, they hear the children having so much fun with BINGO, now, they want to play. Friday is a short school day as they have “game day.” I took 3 frisbees for the students to use.

All of the team except for Yvonne and me are leaving in the morning, so we had a ceremony tonight. We were so pleased to see many of the teachers and construction workers! Bless prepared a delicious dinner consisting of rice, fried chicken, and salad. Bless is a great cook - the food is all organic, no preservatives, and tasty.

0 comments: