Ghana Team Journal


Friday, September 2, 2011

Vivian’s thought for the day:

“I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now as I shall not pass this way again”


Journal by: Vivian

We started our day with a nice breakfast of eggs, toast, juice and bananas.

After breakfast we called Esther to finishing planning our trip to Cape Coast and asked for advice from Kathleen on where we should eat and activities for the day.

We had planned to walk to the library and school, but the taxi was waiting when we finished breakfast.

Some of the children were waiting when we arrived at school. The children are so loving and full of energy. In my class today we had a wonderful time of learning. I read a book and engaged the children with questions to determine if they were really understanding what I was reading. The children responded well to the questions. I also played games and modeled some of the classroom rules in the U.S.

We shared chicken, rice, pineapple, salad and watermelon for lunch. We listened to Kathleen enlighten us about Ghana and the people in the village.

Some of us walked to the library in the rain for our afternoon of reading with the village children. After our reading session we walked across the street to watch the pounding and making of fufu. Susan and I walked back to the hotel. We missed the path somehow, but we still managed to find our way back to the hotel.

Hot shower, dinner, another great day in Senchi Ferry!


0 comments: