Ghana Team Journal


Sunday, November 13, 2011

Quote of the day: “Be like a postage stamp – stick to one thing until you get there.” – Josh Billings

Journal by: Daniel Chen

Today was very relaxing. Jim woke up early to watch the sunrise, while I stayed in bed until 6:40 A.M. As we reached the dining room, it was sad to see only 2 plates prepared at the table. It was a somberly quiet breakfast of eggs and toast.

I then watched 2-3 games of football while Jim enjoyed his novels on the adjacent patio in the blazing Ghanian sun. We rendezvoused for lunch of spicy fried chicken and crispy French fries. Feeling lazy and drowsy, I decided to take a long afternoon nap.

By dinner time we had grown accustomed to the quietness and emptiness of the room. We gulfed our plates of rice, cabbage salad, and curry beef before the weekly Sunday thunderstorms trapped us in the hotel for the night. I was going to make sure that I got ample rest for tomorrow, as Billie, Judy, Arla, and Gary left me all the soccer balls, jump ropes, and Frisbees to play with the kids. I knew they would overrun me like a tidal wave the moment recess started tomorrow!


0 comments: