Ghana Team Journal


Day Two

Sunday, October 31, 2010

We’re on our way!! Ten hours later though a rough night of no sleep we had arrived and met Esther. We had traveled to St James Guest house and met Amo, another amazing man.

-Travis

Today was a wonderful day. We met Esther finally and she was great and so, so sweet. Went to our welcome ceremony and there we met the people of the village and also the chiefs, mayor and the Queen Mother. They sang and danced for us and gave us a big welcome. I’m so happy to be here, it is a great honor. Later we shall have dinner and cool off until tomorrow. I have signed up for construction for now, can’t wait to teach too!

-Jasmine

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Jasmine, Travis, and Nancy! I hope all is well in Ghana, I am so glad you all are having such a wonderful experience now that you are there! Keep us posted, I want to hear all about it! Blessings,

Sarah W

Nikki said...

Glad you got there safely!! So excited for all of you! Post pics when you can:)

Kristan said...

I am so happy you 2 (Jasmine & Travis) made it and are enjoying your time in Ghana. This is an opportunity of a life time, remember to slow down and humble yourself while your there so you can learn about yourself and their culture. I am grateful you know such amazing young adults as your selves.
Be well, Kristan Clow

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you guys made it! Can't wait to hear about the experience.

Joy :)

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you arrived safely. I"m wondering if you are with my good friend nancy Cusack, from Minneapolis Minnesota! So hello to Nancy and give her a big hug from all of her friends in Minnesota!1

love, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it safe! Welcome to international travel...It sounds like you guys received a wonderful welcome. I hope you are singing, dancing, and laughing along with everyone.

Deena