Ghana Team Journal


An Inroduction

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Sauer Children’s Renew Foundation has partnered with Global Volunteers to engage at risk youth in the Twin Cities in international service work. The goal of this partnership is to provide a life changing experience to youth here in Minnesota by engaging them in community development work. The hope is that by making an impact in someone else’s life and being provided the opportunity to contribute to the world that they too will be able to realize their own potential, through service. The following blog entries detail their journey in Ghana, along with the rest of the Global Volunteers’ team.

Jasmine:
My name is Jasmine. I live at The Bridge for Homeless Youth and I don’t get along with my parents very will. I was abused from the time I was 11 until I was 16 which made things very difficult in my life. I wasn’t ready to deal with it so I acted out, my parents couldn’t handle the way I was acting so I got kicked out of my house and couch hopped for about two years. I finally contacted the Bridge and was accepted into the program a month later and have been living there ever since.

Travis:
Akwaba! Welcome to my description of me. Wofe me Travis. That means my name is Travis. I am 20 years old and happy to be. I am a very outgoing person that can make people laugh. I have funny remarks and lots of knowledge. If I don’t know it, I want to learn it. I have a very big hear that at times is shadowed. My mind is set on a lot of helpful things AND self goals. One of my goals now is to set a footprint in the world and I am working on it now. I go with the flow of life and energy.

0 comments: