Ghana Team Journal


At the Clinic

Monday, March 12, 2012


Rhonda and I awakened and today the others were already up when we went to wake them, this was a pleasant change. After breakfast we had our meeting and then departed for the clinic while Cliff and Ashley returned to the school.

The clinic was busy today with many people coming in pairs. The clinic is seeing a lot of new patients. We held reorganize the patient folders and remarked them to make it easier to read and easier to find them. I was relieved that we did not meet any resistance on this and the nurses continue to be very welcoming. Lydia's son was here again today and Agnes and Mary are over their illnesses so it was a full staff today.


After clinic time we went home and I attempted to wrap up my beautiful woman wall hanging and Ester took it to the post office to see how much shipping would cost. I loved lunch as it had so many vegetables. Then the dress lady came and we were able to get premeasured and tell her what we wanted.

Cliff and Ashley headed to the Akosombo market for fabric and Rhonda and I hung out with Lydia then headed to the library early. We were there before most of the kids and when they did come in they were quite shy. The younger children were much more rambunctious  and I had to stop a few from hurting each other. One girl was very obnoxious, but was so beautiful it made me sad to watch her. The walk home seems to be getting easier, but I still would be lost on my own. When we returned home I was really hoping for a shower, but instead I got a large mouth full of bug spray. What a bummer. So we watched a movie on Rhonda's laptop then the power went out and we had dinner by flashlight. It was fun, but hot and then suddenly the power was back on. I showered and called my husband then read for a while before going to sleep for the next day.

0 comments: