Ghana Team Journal


Friday Morning

Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday, January 22, 2010
by Bonnie

My last day in Africa! I awoke after the best night sleep I’ve had since I arrived and joined the team for our standard breakfast, with good food and a lot of laughter. We walked to the village and dropped the “teachers” off at their classes – with the kids eagerly waiting. On to the library – the progress in this two weeks should make Deb proud (she raised the $ for this project). We did have to veto the 3rd bathroom that someone worked its way into the blueprint. Esther & I waited another hour for Phillip, our taxi driver. I must be getting used to it, I found myself very relaxed as we waited and visited with some senior villagers sitting in the Palace.
Finally, to the internet café that also has a printer and copy machine.

Delivery of our custom made African clothing is expected around lunch time today…

We have a meeting after lunch and a going away dinner with people from the village tonight.

As much as I will miss Esther and my new friends on the team, I am packed and ready to go home!!!

0 comments: