Ghana Team Journal


First Night in Ghana

Saturday, July 21, 2012


My first stop after I landed in Ghana was a hotel nearby. It was a very simple and basic place. I met my roommate Margaret and  I also met Esther, our team leader. I felt very welcomed. I had my first Ghanaian meal that evening, fried rice, fish cooked in tomato sauce and a couple of baked potatoes. It was good but cold. The food seemed like it was out on the buffet all day. After dinner, I went back to the room to get ready for bed. The bathroom was different from what I’m used to. The tub/shower had no shower curtains. Therefore, when I took my shower I splashed water all over the floor. But I was grateful to have hot water. Water is of concern here if you are a foreigner. I was told not to ingest the water because I will get sick from it. I had to use the bottled water I was given to brush my teeth. Overall, my first night in Ghana was comfortable.

Message of the Day: Money is to be used and not  loved.  If you get that reversed  you  are in trouble because if you start loving money, you will start using people to get more money.

0 comments: