Ghana Team Journal


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quote of the day: Friends are the sunshine of life. –John Hay


Journal by: Janine

Another quiet breakfast by myself so I brought my book along to read. Esther and I left early from the guesthouse so I would be able to watch the students have their assembly. I was quite thrilled to see it. I watched Madame Esther teach her class math and some English. I did some marking for her. Then it was breaktime! I skipped and threw the ball to the girls and talked to some of my favorite students. After break, the teachers had a short meeting to attend so I thought my lesson to the students. Because the main teacher was not around, the children didn’t really listen. A few of them listened but it was chaos in the classroom. I sat for a bit as one student, Abigail, who is a beautiful young girl made the students sit and listen to me. She did a great job! I taught the lesson as best as I could under the conditions. I left shortly there after.

After my lunch of peanut soup and rice ball (no fufu today!), I was stuffed. Esther and I talked for a little while then we headed out to the Volta River Bridge for a walk. We had some nice laughs and a bit of exercise until it started to rain. We raced back to the car then she dropped me back at the guesthouse. Amo arrived soon after. As we walked to the library, we got a call from Samuel. The library was closed due to the rain. So Amo and I turned around. Amo took me into town on a tro tro to buy some cell phone minutes! The ride wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be since Amo was there to guide us. Upon returning, soaking wet, I made some phone calls back home to make sure everyone was fine. Which they were! We played some dominoes then ate dinner and had a very nice chat.


0 comments: