Ghana Team Journal


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quote of the day: To be simple is to be great. –Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal by: Janine

What a night! It rained non-stop, so I didn’t get much sleep. Accra is flooding because of so much water. The day was not a crazy one. The school was not very busy as some students couldn’t make it due to the rain. Since I was so tired from not sleeping well and playing ball with the children, I didn’t teach my lesson. Madame Esther left with us at noon as her friend was going into labor. Before lunch Esther and I went to a restaurant on the river where we chatted and had a drink. It was a very nice place. We ate our lunch then rested a while before heading to the library. Again because of the rain, the library was quiet. I read with a few children then played around with a little girl. The evening was easy going and quiet as well.


0 comments: