Ghana Team Journal


Friday, October 28, 2011

Quote of the day:

"I always say to myself, what is the most important thing we can think about this extraordinary moment."

–Francois de La Ronchenfoucauld


Journal by: Janine

Today is my last day in Senchi Ferry. It is a sad but joyful day. I started my day at B’Akoto once again. I played and laughed with the students. They sang songs and drew me pictures. I was sad to say goodbye and so were some of the students. One of my favorites in the class, Samuel, told me he loved me and that he will cry when I leave. (I later saw him at the library). I said goodbye to Madame Esther. She has become a very good friend to me. On the way back to the guesthouse, I stopped in at the Catholic School to say bye to Madame Harriett, Denise, Emmanuel and Michael. I had my lunch with Esther then rested. Amo picked me up for the library. We played some games today and sang songs. When it was time to go, the children all jumped on me! I wouldn’t trade that for the world! As most of the kids left, I watched Samuel take his time walking away, looking back towards the library at me until we couldn’t see each other anymore. I had the most fun with that little boy. Amo and I played Oware when we returned. A quick dinner with Amo and Esther, then Harriett and Denise stopped in to say goodbye to me. They gave me a very special gift and we laughed about Amo and Emmanuel both wanting to marry me, but neither could afford the price says Esther! I went back to my room to pack and prepare for my departure tomorrow.

Q

0 comments: