Ghana Team Journal


Monday, October 24, 2011

Quote of the day: When I first open my eyes upon the morning meadows and look out upon the beautiful world, I thank God I am alive. –

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Journal by: Janine

What a quiet breakfast! Since Rick had left yesterday, the day has started off very quiet. I had my breakfast then Esther met me after to take me to work. I went back to P3 at B’Akota. The students were very happy to see me and I was happy to see them. I marked math homework and listened to them speak Twi. I taught my lesson quickly as I had to leave for lunch. The students were eager to learn as I showed them the new lesson. They also remembered much from last week. That made me very happy. As I was leaving, the students asked me to bring a ball, a BIG one. I then replied that I would bring two; one for the girls, and one for the boys. They cheered. I went back to the hotel and read for a little then had lunch, which was Red Red (my fav) with Esther.

Before the library, it started to pour rain, so the taxi came and pick up Amo and me. The library was quiet but the children and me managed to play more than read today. I had a lot of fun. I headed back to the hotel in the taxi because the rain was coming down in buckets. Amo and I played a few games before dinner. We ate then retired for the night.


0 comments: