Ghana Team Journal


Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quote of the day: I love myself when I am laughing. –Zora Neale Hurston


Journal by: Janine

Like any other day, I had breakfast then made my way to the school. The plan for the day was for my to teach my lesson, then go to the computer lab at the library. Unfortunately the children were not paying attention or listening to what I had told them to do. So we did not go to the lab. I marked and watched Esther teach. Afterwards when my morning was done, Esther came and picked me up. We stopped at a very nice hotel on the water and had a drink. Then we went to the market. We looked around for a bit then came back for lunch. We ate then we rested. Amo picked me up for the library. Along the way, I stopped to buy some candy to bring home.

Today the weather was beautiful so there were more children at the library. We took a few pictures before we went in to read. I read a few books then we played. I love making the children laugh and I love when they make me laugh. By dinnertime, I was not feeling very well so I didn’t each much. I just lay down for a bit, and then felt a lot better. I started to pack a little and organize as I am leaving in a few days. L


0 comments: