Ghana Team Journal


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

This morning was a quiet one. Judy stayed in bed, Kathleen’s tummy was rumbling from lunch yesterday and we all were just contemplating the day ahead. We all went to our respective schools by foot since it wasn’t so hot so Ryan and I walked together and got to chat about volunteer programs and reality shows. Ryan’s teacher was being evaluated so he just observed and then graded papers. I actually taught a class about dirty water and clean water and they thought that it was funny that they could see their hands thru the clean water bottles. I hope they will remember that when they have to decide for them selves. I questioned Monique what she taught and she said everything. Lunch was rice ball soup which was loved by some but not so much by others. We had a brief rest and headed back to the library at 3 for reading. with the children. I got to spend time listening to the children reading for a change. After waiting for frank for what seemed like an hour he finally arrived to take us home. Katherine, Ryan and Debbie did a quick change and headed off to the Volta for Internet, wine, American food and chatter. Judy stayed in because she was still fighting a bad headache while Kathleen and Monique and Judy got to enjoy a meal of not so appetizing rice with tomato soup like……… It was really enjoyable spending time with Katherine and Ryan in a different setting. We played games and swapped stories. Ryan by far had the most outrageous. All in all we had a common thread of family, friends, and service. As my week comes to a close I have done a lot of reflecting. I’m happy about my life so far but look forward to the challenges that are ahead of me. With the new friends I have made I have no doubt that I will have all of the support I need for whatever adventure lies ahead.

0 comments: