Ghana Team Journal


February 2012 Team

Saturday, February 11, 2012


As the plane landed in Ghana, there was a sense of excitement. We stepped off the plane into the warm humidwall of air outside. Immediately after exiting the plane, I began sweating. As we walked into the airport, the Akwaba sign above the entrance warmly greeted us. After going through customs and baggage claim, we walked into the foyer of the airport, where we were warmly greeted by Esters outstretched arms. After exchanging hellos and hearing Esters disbelief in how much I’d grown, we met Ryan, and found out that not only had he just come from a global volunteers trip in India, but after his three weeks in Ghana, he was heading to
China for another three weeks. We then loaded into the van, and were shuttled to the Airport view hotel. After we got settled into our room, I went out into the lobby to do some of my home work, and quickly became acquainted with multiple other volunteers. After a long, groggy jet lagged day of trying to stay awake, dinner finally came. When we all sat down at the table, Ester
quickly gave us an introduction to Ghanaian culture, and we promptly dug into the tasty buffet of food. After dinner, while a few lingered around the restaurant to talk and share stories, I quickly
headed to my room to catch some shut eye to relieve my jet lag, and prepare for the next day.

0 comments: